The beauty of the Philippines is undeniable. After the last week's snapshot of the Underground River in Puerto Princesa City (our official nominee to the New 7 Wonders of Nature), we have a pristine white beach from Bohol. What more can I say? Diving, Snorkeling, Beach-bumming, Trekking? Its all here at Panglao Island!
“How precious to me are your thoughts, O God! How vast is the sum of them! Were I to count them, they would outnumber the grains of sand.”
-Psalm 139:17-18 NIV
"Paraiso" (paradise) in the middle of the Philippine archipelago. The Panglao Island beach in Bohol will captivate you with its simplicity. Relax and make time pass by as you walk barefoot along her powdery white sand while enjoying the sea-breeze. Swim, snorkle, dive and just await the sunset for an invigorating day in the Visayas.
This photo is my official entry to the 2010 Southeast Asia Awards for Photography and Writing. To increase my chance of winning please vote (and promote) by visiting this SITE. Thank you!
This is about 20-30minutes from Tagbilaran City, Bohol's capital.
When I went here, I just took the jeepney from the terminal near the market. I paid around P25, if I can still remember right. Just be sure to be back by 5pm to the city proper if you are not booked in any of the hotel or guesthouse in the island because public jeepneys are rare in this area.
A 2-day vacation would be great to visit the Chocolate Hills, the world's smallest primate - Tarsier and have a Loboc River cruise, take some history from Blood Compact Shrine, and say a short prayer at the Baclayon Church and many more.
Bohol, I want to experience you again. I want to run on your roads, sand and trails!
Backpacking Bohol is a must for every Filipino thrill-seeker. Camera is a must too! If you have questions on backpacking, just let me know.
- - - o 0 o - - -
Tagbilaran City is one of the host city for the 34th edition of Milo Marathon provincial races.
Race date: September 12, 2010 (Sunday)
Race distances: 3K / 5K / 10K / 21K
Race date: September 12, 2010 (Sunday)
Race distances: 3K / 5K / 10K / 21K
Registration Center: BIT-International College, Gallares St., Tagbilaran City,
Contact info: (038) 411-4856 / (038) 501-8640 look for Atty. Dionisio Balite

