JourneyingJames Has Moved to

March 15, 2010

Green-Minded Running

It's been a month now since I thought of changing my blogsite to greenrunner or runningreen not because I'm from La Salle but because I always wanted to have my own little way of saving the planet that by going green. I guess the time has come for me not to change my blog site but to post something for the benefit of our planet.




I am supporting Earth Hour. I will turn off the lights on March 27, Saturday at 8:30pm. I will encourage all my friends, contacts, students, etc to do the same. I hope you would do the same. Yet, more than this I will run- instead of taking the public transit i would opt to run/walk to save on fuel. Imagine every person running/walking...hmmmm? We have clearer skies, fresher air and healthier lives.

Three ways to get you started:

1. For kids, make our planet brighter by creating a lantern. Click here to join the Earth Hour Lantern Project.

2. For Facebook/Twitter users, talk about Earth hour on your status/tweet. Become a fan. Share it with you contacts! 

3. For bloggers like me, place a widget, banner or blog about Earth Hour. Post a video like this one:


Now I want to give you 7 ways to run green:
  1. Instead of taking the public transit run/walk if you can. It's healthier too!
  2. Instead of buying 500ml Gatorade bottles, buy 1.5L and just refill my previous bottles. It's cheaper also!
  3. Bring hydration during races so you do not rely that much on water stations- it would translate to lesser plastic cups thrown to garbage.
  4. When buying a juice/cola after the run, skip the straw.
  5. Next time you run try bring with you a plastic so you can pick up some non-biodegradable along the way.
  6. Use your running shorts twice. It will save a lot of fresh water.
  7. Bring your empty GU/Hammer with you, don't throw it along the route.
Go green! Run green! Run green-minded!


Earth Hour Website here.